Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The whatever, about that thing, that has to do with school.

There are far worse ways to spend a Monday. Class was good, but a little frustrating. I certainly had fun listening, if not participating (such seems to be my lot in life). On the subject of burnout, I am torn these days. I sympathized with Beth's honest and frank discussion towards the start; The first day of classes this semester unfortunately coincided with the funeral of my best friend, my partner-in-crime, whom happened to die in a very accidental, very public way. It is disarming to hear of a friend's death through MSNBC. I had alot to say about my being burnt out, but I'm not quite comfortable talking openly about this yet (outside close friends) so I felt guilty for being so introverted... In some ways I am actually oddly and unnaturally motivated right now, kinda like Beth was talking about.

I pretty psyched to learn about ted.com! I've been watching alot of cool videos there. I was really proud of my project due on Monday, and was bummed I didn't feel like I was supposed to show it. In fact, after some of the discussion in class I felt like the point was to not really do the assignment to "walk away from it!" I was embarassed to have it sitting on my desk the whole time, until thankfully Beth explained at the end that she just wanted us to have more time to work on it, which I will!

p.s. I was actually disappointed when she said that we weren't going to meet next week. I am officially now Bizarro-John.

No comments:

Post a Comment