Monday, September 14, 2009

Arghh....

The calendar and I have never gotten along very well. I joined this class after the first meeting; It was becoming rapidly apparent that I was not going to make it in to a course that I was waitlisted for, so I looked for a replacement and found one that looked quite interesting; Newm-385. All was well, I thought, until I realized that I had already missed the submission date for two assignments set before I joined the class... boo. And furthurmore, the only forthcoming due date had to do with an "object" that was handed out in class... huzzah.
Through some sleuthing, I now realize only mere hours before class that this object was simply "clouds" and I could have amply completed the assignment; it got me to thinking: If for eons of years the sun, sky and stars acted as the people's calendar and watch, did EVERYONE and EVERYTHING go haywire when the clouds hath obscured their celestial timepiece? Would it compare to the chaos that would ensue today were all phones, computers, clocks, watches, datebooks to temporarily become unreadable, obscured in a fog?

No comments:

Post a Comment